Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sick Abby

So yesterday I called my Mom to check up on Abby, my Mom takes care of Abby Tuesday- Thursday. My Dad answered and I said " Hi Dad" " Can I talk to Mom?" He says " Well she is a little busy, Abby threw up everywhere." My heart sank. I asked "What's wrong", he said " Let me get Mom". Of course my Mom reassured me everything was fine, but Abby had in fact thrown up everywhere! She was fine when Brian dropped her off, but after having some breakfast she threw up all over my Mom. This is the 1st time Abby has ever gotten sick, she has had a cold, but nothing like this. So of course I left work early and went to pick her up. It took me an hour since I work in Fairfield and I started to get a stomach ache myself. All I wanted to do was hold my sweet little baby. So when I got to my parent's house she was in just a diaper because she was a little hot, but no more throw up, thank goodness. So we gave her some Tylenol and Pedilyte and she fell asleep for about 15 minutes. When she woke up she was feeling better. I'm not sure if it was the flu, but she has been teething for the last 6-8 weeks. This could have been a really bad teething episode. Poor little girl, she was so sleepy and whiny. She started to feel better later in the evening but it was a long night for all of us. Today she doesn't have a fever, but doesn't want to sleep, maybe too much yesterday! Hopefully we are past the worst, it just breaks my heart when she is sick.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sick babies are so very sad!! (And scary!). Abby is lucky to have gotten some good grandma cuddles!!

    ReplyDelete