Monday, April 26, 2010

9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off

Isn't that what they say?? I have been bouncing back in forth with my weight ever since Abby was born. I had gained a total of 27 lbs with Abby and lost most of it by 3 months, but not all. Also things just weren't as firm as I wanted them to be. So I decided in January that I was going to train and run a 5k, this should firm things up right? So on April 11Th I ran the Zoo Zoom, I did pretty good- 40mins! My goal was a 12 min mile, but it came out to more like a 13.25 a mile. I also have been really making a conscious effort of eating better. So this last week I weighed myself and low and behold I'm below the weight I was when I got pregnant! So there you have it, 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off!! I wouldn't do it any other way. I know how hard it was to look in the mirror and see things not the way the used to be, but then I look at my sweet little lady and think " it's all worth it" So for all those new Moms out there, do it at your own pace and remember what the reason was for the weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment