Monday, May 10, 2010

1st Mother's Day!!!!

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time and I wasn't disappointed!!  I had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  It started off on Saturday morning with my Mom, my Brother and Abby doing the Race for the Cure walk.  This is such an inspiring event to attend and it was really great spending the morning with my Mom, Jimmy and Abby.  After our 3.2 mile walk we headed to Brunch at Mimi's, a nice ending to a wonderful morning.
Then later that evening we headed out to my Mom and Dad's for dinner celebrating Dad's Birthday and Mother's Day.  Jimmy and Brian made a wonderful Mexican fiesta, and of course I ate too much.  It is so nice to spend time with my family, my nieces take such good care of Abby and it gives me a little break! Here is my Mom and Dad with all the grand kids.
Then Sunday was Mother's Day.  I have been celebrating Mother's Day for my Mom for as long I can remember and have been looking forward
to celebrating myself this year. I really wanted to celebrate with just Abby and Brian, my little family!  So we decided to head to SF and go
to the Zoo.  The weather in Sacramento was cold and rainy, but in SF it was the complete opposite~sunny and perfect.  We got to the Zoo around noon and it wasn't crowded at all.  So we walked around and saw all the animals, alot were sleeping.  I guess Sunday's are lazy for animals as well.  Abby and I went on the Carousal which she loved! After the Zoo we headed over to the Beach Chalet for lunch.  I guess on Sunday's they have a BBQ with a live band out on the grass area.  So we decided to eat lunch there.  We had our camp chairs in our car from the park so it worked perfectly!  The day couldn't have been more perfect, I had such a great day.  I can't wait for my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment